Wheatfields Inc. is a specialised aged care service provider, delivering ongoing and respite support and individual care to the elderly. A community owned, not for profit organisation, Wheatfields is administered by a Board of Management elected from members of the community.
At Wheatfields, our mission is to serve older people, responding to their needs through the provision of quality services and accommodation. These services will provide an innovative range of residential based services to older people, which enable residents to age in a safe and dignified manner and to have a strong sense of self worth.
Located in Freeling, an hour north of the city in a quiet township, Wheatfields offers a quiet small town atmosphere. Wheatfields is close to community services, with shops close by, the Freeling Bowls club across the road and a short walk to numerous parks.
The facility is a 53 bed complex with 49 single rooms and 2 twin rooms providing residential care accomodation for aged people who have been assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team as needing high or low level residential or respite care. Some of these beds are also at times used for respite care which is privately funded. Suitably trained staff are on duty 24 hours a day to provide quality care and support at all times.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can help you further.
“Our mission is to serve older people, responding to their needs through the provision of quality services and accommodation.”
COVID 19 VISITOR INFORMATION
Representatives and Visitors 25/03/2020
PREVENTATIVE LOCK DOWN
- Visitation to Wheatfields has been cancelled as of 26.3.2020
- Families/Representatives can leave personal items at Reception.
- For families/representatives with residents in palliative care, please contact staff.
- We can facilitate Skype calls to our Residents. This will be able to be conducted between 10 am and 6pm: Monday to Friday just ring and ask for Lifestyle Staff.
- Lifestyle Staff can forward emails or letters through their email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- We can facilitate video calling through messenger between 10 am and 6pm: Monday to Friday just ring and ask for Lifestyle Staff.
- We can facilitate phone calls on mobile 0457589633 between 10 am and 6pm: Monday to Friday just ring, outside these hours please contact the landline 08 85252154..
- Wheatfields postal address is PO Box 26 Freeling 5372 if you would like to send anything for our residents.
- If you would like to receive regular updates from Lifestyle Staff please email them on the above address.
- If you are not currently on the email list for your loved one please email email@example.com so you can keep you informed with any correspondence from Wheatfields.
- Visitors will not be able to enter an aged care facility (when we reopen) unless they have been vaccinated with the 2020 Flu Vaccination from 1st May 2020. I do ask you to get proof of vaccination to provide to Wheatfields.
- Information for Representatives and Visitors will be on our Website and this will continue to be updated www.wheatfields.net.au